Here at Pocket Changed we believe in doing work you are passionate about.
Not just because you’ll wake up excited to work (which is a nice bonus). Or because you’ll be more driven and more likely to succeed (which I also think is true).
You should do work you are passionate about because life is short and you shouldn’t hate what you are doing the majority of your life.
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
Enter Scott Dinsmore
One of the people I know that is most passionate about getting people to follow their heart and do work that matters to them is Scott Dinsmore, founder of Live Your Legend.
Recently Scott had the honor of speaking at a TEDx event in San Francisco about how to find and do work you love.
After working for many months to land a speaking spot at TEDx, his talk has already been seen by over 123,000 people in just the first month.
When you have 18 free minutes between now and New Year’s, I highly recommend that you sit down and watch his talk below.
In it you’ll learn:
- Why 80% of people hate their jobs and what the other 20% do differently
- The Passionate Work Framework – three surprisingly simple practices for finding and doing work you love
- Why people need to find what excites them and build a career around the work only they are capable of doing
(If you are reading this via email or RSS and don’t see the video above, go here.)
Live Off Your Passion
If you resonate with Scott’s talk and are struggling to find what your passions are or how to make a living off them, his Live Off Your Passion career course is where you should start.
2013 could be the BIG year for making positive changes in your life and Live Off Your Passion can help you get there.
(Note: The price of LOYP is going up by $70 in just a few days on January 1st, so check it out now if you are interested. Also, the above links are affiliate links that earn me a commission, so if you do purchase through them, I really appreciate it.)
Here’s to a happy new year and productive 2013 for us all.