Are you tired of taking medicines? And no treatment is giving any relief from your blood disorders, migraines, and gynecological disorders, anxiety etc?? Try the ancient method of therapy existing for over 1000 of years, practiced in the Egyptian, Middle Eastern or Chinese cultures as an alternative method of treatment. Yes, we are talking about Cupping Therapy.
Cupping Therapy Uses, Methods And Side Effects
Wondering if it’s effective? Well, this therapy passed hands over generations and is now a trend. It gives a very beneficial result in case of some of your chronic illness and health conditions.
What Is Cupping Therapy?
It is one of the ancient forms of therapy in alternative medicine in which the therapist uses a particular type of cups on your skin that sucks the skin in for few minutes. It gives deep tissue massage to your body making the tissues relaxed.
Cupping Therapy Benefits
You can take Cupping therapy sessions if you are suffering from pain, blood-related problems, migraine, inflammation and general well being. Modern researchers of alternative methods of treatment have found Cupping therapy very useful in giving relief to the patients suffering from the varicose vein, hemophilia or anemia, arthritis and fibromyalgia, skin problems like eczema and acne. Medical conditions of gynecological disorders and infertility problems, high blood pressures, anxieties leading to depression, bronchitis caused by asthma and allergies and many can be treated too. With day by day, the list of medical conditions that can be treated effectively by taking sessions of Cupping Therapy is increasing.
The Cupping Therapy Method
There are many methods of doing Cupping Therapy, but the Dry and wet therapies are most popular.
- The therapist uses cups made of bamboo, glass, silicone or earthenware. The purpose is to suck your skin in.
- The therapist puts some flammable object like alcohol, paper or any herbs and sets it on fire. As soon as the fire blows off, the therapist firmly inserts the cups on your skin upside down.
- The air inside the cup cools down and creates a vacuum, and the skin is gradually sucked in giving a shape of redden hives as the blood vessels expand. Each cup is left for around 3 minutes.
- Modern-day therapists are using rubber pumps too in place of fire to create a vacuum. The therapist may sometime use silicone cups that allow movement on your skin to give a feeling of massage.
- However wet cupping does mild suction by placing the cup in the particular area and keeping it for around 3 minutes too.
- After removing the cups, a scalpel s used by the therapist to give a small cut on heaved areas.
- Again the therapist provides a second suction on the cut area to ooze out little quantity of blood.
- Those who take Cupping therapy as an alternative healing method believe that it removes toxins and harmful substances from the body and promotes healing.
- It is advised by the therapist to get 3 to 5 cups per session but not more than 7 cups.
- Some people who are confident of the healing powers of cupping therapy also does needle cupping that is nothing but inserting acupuncture needles first and do cupping.
- After the session is over, the therapist may apply some antibiotic and bandage the small cuts as prevention to prevent any infection.
Side Effects Of Cupping Therapy
Though it is very negligible as of any treatment, you might get some minor temporary side effects while undergoing Cupping therapy sessions. You can have some side effects in the areas the cup had touched your skin. Otherwise, the whole process of cupping therapy is reasonably safe, if done by an expert therapist.
- You can feel mild discomfort
- The skin may get burnt owing to the heat of the cups initially placed when they were hot
- Bruises, as the cups are sometimes moved on the skin surface to give a feeling of massage.
- You can also get skin infections due to the small cut made by the therapist to ooze out small quantities of blood.
- If the clinic is not clean and hygienic, you may also get some infections.
Thus, we see that Cupping Therapy is fairly safe and a holistic method of treatment. It is gaining popularity day by day. Try it and feel the change.